2014 Montgomery Motor Speedway Open Sportsman (REVISED 3/20/14)
*The rules and/or regulations set forth herein provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements of such events.
*These rules shall govern the condition of all such events. All participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications of or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. Speedway rules are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant.
*Speedway Officials shall be empowered to permit minor deviations from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from such altercation of specifications.
*Speedway reserves the right to update, modify, and/or delete rules at any time deemed necessary to insure safety, fair competition or any other reason that may be appropriate.
*Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the officials. Any decision of and by Speedway Officials is final.
*Unsportsmanlike-like conduct can carry a minimum $100.00 fine and/or suspension. Any and all fines will be added to the point’s fund at the end of the racing season.
1. Any type car or truck chassis.
2. Maximum of 58% left side weight.
3. Minimum weight is 3000 lbs for all cars. 1 pound burn off per lap. Added weight must be securely bolted in place. Dislodged weight cannot be returned to car for weighing after race. All added weight must be painted white with car number in red or black. Any lost weight will result in a $10 per pound fine to the Driver.
NO TRACTION CONTROL DEVICES OF ANY KIND.
1. Any 8 cylinder engine.
2. Holley 2 bbl model 4412 carburetor only. Choke horn may be removed. Must pass all MMS carburetor gauges and meet Tech officials approval. Venturi area may not be altered. Only one carburetor per car. Adapter plate maximum height 1” inside of adapter plate may not be polished or altered.
1. Minimum of two forward and one reverse gear required at all times.
1. Bodies may be made of steel, aluminum, fiberglass, or carbon fiber.
Must be full stock appearing body including Nose, Bumper Cover, Roof, Hood, Deck Lid, Quarter Panels, Doors and Fenders. No Downforce noses. Aftermarket ABC type bodies permitted, no open wheels. All body configurations must be approved by tech officials before competing. Weight penalty may be assessed
1. Track fuel only. Sunoco 110 or 112.
2. Fuel samples may be taken at any time and tested. Alcohol, nitro-methane, nitrous oxide, other oxygenating agents, or other additives are not permitted
3. No electric fuel pumps or pressurized systems allowed.
4. Fuel cell required and must be in metal container and maintain 8″ ground clearance. Cell must be secured with minimum of two, 1/8″ x 2″ steel straps around fuel cell.
Tires and Wheels
1. Steel wheels only, maximum 8″ in width.
2. Hoosier 890 Tire Only.
3. No soaking or altering of tire in any manor allowed. Drivers soaking or altering tires will forfeit all purse and points for the event and all track points for the year. Driver must also pay a $1,000 fine prior to being allowed to compete at Speedway. Any illegal tire, in the judgment of Speedway Officials, will be confiscated.
Same as MMS Late Model rules.