2014 Montgomery Motor Speedway Open Sportsman (REVISED 1/21/14)
*The rules and/or regulations set forth herein provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements of such events.
*These rules shall govern the condition of all such events. All participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications of or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. Speedway rules are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant.
*Speedway Officials shall be empowered to permit minor deviations from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from such altercation of specifications.
*Speedway reserves the right to update, modify, and/or delete rules at any time deemed necessary to insure safety, fair competition or any other reason that may be appropriate.
*Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the officials. Any decision of and by Speedway Officials is final.
*Unsportsmanlike-like conduct can carry a minimum $100.00 fine and/or suspension. Any and all fines will be added to the point’s fund at the end of the racing season.
• Any type car or truck chassis.
• Maximum of 58% left side weight. Minimum weight is 3000 lbs for all cars. 1 pound burn off per lap. Added weight must be securely bolted in place. Dislodged weight cannot be returned to car for weighing after race. All added weight must be painted white with car number in red or black. Any lost weight will result in a $10 per pound fine to the Driver.
NO TRACTION CONTROL DEVICES OF ANY KIND.
1. Any 8 cylinder engine.
2. Holley 2 bbl model 4412 BOX STOCK carburetor only. No modifications. Only one carburetor per car.
1. Minimum of two forward and one reverse gear required at all times.
Bodies may be made of steel, aluminum, fiberglass, or carbon fiber.
Must be full stock appearing body including Nose, Bumper Cover, Roof, Hood, Deck Lid, Quarter Panels, Doors and Fenders. Aftermarket ABC type bodies permitted, no open wheels. All body configurations must be approved by tech officials before competing.
• Track fuel only. Sunoco 110 or 112.
• Fuel samples may be taken at any time and tested. Alcohol, nitro-methane, nitrous oxide, other oxygenating agents, or other additives are not permitted
• No electric fuel pumps or pressurized systems allowed.
• Fuel cell required and must be in metal container and maintain 8″ ground clearance. Cell must be secured with minimum of two, 1/8″ x 2″ steel straps around fuel cell.
Tires and Wheels
1. Steel wheels only, maximum 8″ in width.
2. Hoosier 890 Tire Only. No soaking or altering of tire in any manor allowed. Drivers soaking or altering tires will forfeit all purse and points for the event and all track points for the year. Driver must also pay a $1,000 fine prior to being allowed to compete at Speedway. Any illegal tire, in the judgment of Speedway Officials, will be confiscated.
Same as MMS Late Model rules.
1. Only drivers may protest. Protesting drivers and protested cars must have finished in the top five. All protests must receive an approval of the pit officials.
2. All protests must be submitted to pit officials in writing within 10 minutes of feature race completion, and be accompanied by $250.00 CASH per item.
3. Refusal to comply with protest or to tear down when instructed by Speedway Officials will result in a fine equal to protest amount, an automatic two race suspension and loss of points and moneys earned for the evening. Upon returning to competition driver must agree to tear down after racing events for free.