2017 Modified Minis
2017 MODIFIED MINI (updated 12-15-16)
*The rules and/or regulations set forth herein provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements of such events.
*These rules shall govern the condition of all such events. All participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications of or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. Speedway rules are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant.
*Speedway Officials shall be empowered to permit minor deviations from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from such alteration of specifications.
*Speedway reserves the right to update, modify, and/or delete rules at any time deemed necessary to insure safety, fair competition or any other reason that may be appropriate.
*Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the officials. Any decision of and by Speedway Officials is final. *Cars, parts and or equipment will not be considered as having been approved by having passed through inspection at any time or number of times unobserved or undetected.
*Unsportsmanlike-like conduct can carry a minimum $100.00 fine and/or suspension. Any and all fines will be added to the point’s fund at the end of the racing season. Driver is responsible for their crew and family
*Top 5 inches of windshield is reserved for division sponsor. Sponsor decal provided by MMS. Failure to display division sponsor may be grounds for forfeiture of purse and points for event
* Contingency sponsors decals must be displayed in designated areas on race car in original form to receive Gift certificates, Prize Monies etc. From Contingency Sponsors
COMPETING MODELS: 1976 AND UP MODELS, 2 OR 4 DOOR FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC WITH A 90 TO 105 WHEEL BASE. IF NOT SPECIFIED IN THE RULES, MUST BE FACTORY STOCK FOR MAKE AND MODEL OF CAR. BODIES MAY BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MAKES. (MUST REMAIN STOCK APPEARING)
- BODY AND APPEARANCE
- Full stock type bodies, doors, fenders and hoods may be aluminum. Bodies must be stock in all dimensions. Approved aftermarket nose must be stock appearing for make and body run. Non-approved nose must carry a 50 lb. weight penalty. All bodies must be approved by MMS Tech Officials
- Full fiberglass or aluminum aftermarket bodies may run with approval of MMS Tech official.
- Full firewall must remain.
- Rear spoiler size 6” x 60” Max. Mounted on rear deck, centered. May not extend past body.
- Frame and body must have a 4″ ground clearance at all times.
- All cars must have a dash.
- Vent windows maximum 12”.
2.ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN
- Engine must be mounted in OEM Position.
- Maximum engine size is 2350 CC.
- Stock or stock replacement rods
- Stock crankshafts only! NO lightened or knife edging.
- No aftermarket heads. Toyotas may be ported and polished. All other makes no porting or polishing allowed.
- Camshafts: NO aftermarket rocker arms or roller cams.
- Intake: stock or stock type aftermarket.
- Stock flywheels, with a minimum weight of 12 lbs. NO Aluminum.
- Stock type pressure plates, multi-disc clutches optional. NO Aluminum.
- Stock transmission required.
- Rear ends not original to cars make and model permitted. Passenger car type rear ends. Solid Axel, Locked optional, 3 link & 4 link optional. No quick change rear ends. Must be approved by tech department prior to competition.
- All cars must meet track noise level specification of 100 db at 100 Ft. (Rev. 12/10/16)
- Carburetor 350 Holley, Part # 7448 must fit all track gauges.
- No cold air boxes.
- 4”maximum height breather element. Paper or K&N Type Allowed.
- Breather top must be solid (No Holes).
- Steel or Aluminum Shocks. Nonadjustable Non Rebuildable (Max $150.00 each)
- All cars must weigh .9 lbs per CC or a minimum weight of 1900 lbs.
- Left side weight 58% maximum (Weight is with driver in the car.)
- Tube snout or chassis: Under 2000 cc – 2250 lbs. Over 2001 cc – 2350 lbs.
- All weights are to be painted white or florescent with the car # painted on each piece. Any driver that loses any lead from his/her car will be fined $ 10.00 per pound payable prior to any further competition. This rule is in effect during race day or practice days. No Tungsten!
- Fuel cells are mandatory with a maximum capacity of 22 gallons. Must have a working Check valve and filled with foam.
- Fuel cells must have a 10″ ground clearance.
- Fuel cells must have (4ea.) 1/8 X 1 steel straps under cell can and at least (2) on top of Cell bolted to frame.
- Fuel cell must be protected at the rear by1 ½ roll bar tubing extending below rear frame ½ beyond bottom of cell and the width of the cell with at least one center brace.
- OBERG Fuel Line Safety Valve #SV-0828 Required
6.TIRES AND WHEELS
- Steel wheels only 13 X 8
- Tires: Hoosier 790 only. No soaking or altering of tire in any manor allowed. Drivers soaking or altering tires will forfeit all purse and points for the event. Driver must also pay a $1,000 fine prior to being allowed to compete at Speedway. Any illegal tire, in the judgment of Speedway Officials, will be confiscated.
- Stock brakes only 2 or 4 wheel disc, rear drum brakes approved.
- Aftermarket pedal and master cylinder assembly allowed.
- No in car adjustments.
- All 4 brakes must work.
- Battery master disconnect switch installed on driver’s side of dash or within easy access from driver and either window.
- Seat belts, window net, driving gloves, shoes and racing suit must have non expired SFI dates.
- Fire extinguisher required within reach of the driver.
- Minimum single layer racing suit (SFI-3.2A/1 rating).
- Driving Gloves (SFI-3.3A/1 rating).
- Helmet with Snell M2005 minimum rating. No older than 5 years from manufactures date.
- Mandatory 360 degree Neck Brace.
- Safety Belts (SFI-16.1 rating). No older than 5 years of the manufactures date.
- Window Net (SFI-27.1/1 rating).
- Racing Shoes (SFI-3.3A/5 rating).
- Head and Neck Restraint system highly recommended